Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nuzlocke LeafGreen Part 5: The Stench of Death and The Iron Turtle Challenge

And so an epic day of training began. From the entrance of Rock Tunnel I took Bobby back to Vermillion area for training. It went well, for awhile. Then a public service and a Magneton ruined my day. Bobby and Richard took care of his first two Magnemites but Magneton paralyzed them both and when I switched out for Richard that was the end. Richard was stunned into not attacking and could not handle the lightning to the face...twice.

At this point Bobby was level 20 so I decided I was probably okay to turn around, head back towards Rock Tunnel and make good on my training. On the way I dropped off Ellena at the daycare, for use later, just in case. Then another disaster. In a wild battle on Route 10 with another Voltorb of all things Bobby takes a screech to the face. I return the favor and miss on my tackle the next turn. Voltorb returns the tackle CRITICAL HIT! Bobby goes down...two casualties in one day already. Now its just A'Tuin and my TM Meowth in the Rock Tunnel Iron Turtle Challenge.

I'm glad I have a few Ethers picked up here and there because I don't want to use an escape rope. So I don't. I blaze through Rock Tunnel like it means NOTHING! I have a few close calls but Water Gun and Bite are a killer combo in a cave full of fighters and rock 'mons. A'Tuin evolves just when I exit and fight the hiker on the route. Even the few trainers between there and Celadon City don't pose any problem. I go right to get Eevee and some hot Tea so I get go to Saffron City. I grab the Thunderstone and make Marcellus the Eevee into a Jolteon.

But before Saffron, time to catch'em all, right? WRONG. I encounter a Pidgey on Route 7 and get Whirlwinded away. Route 8 garners me a Meowth I named Arcturus. The cost of this was both my Zubats because of A'Tuin's immense strength by this point. Then I lost Arcturus immediately in a trainer battle with a Biker on the route and his Critical Hit Sludging Grimer as well as Huninn.

Nothing left for it but to go to the fighting dojo and try and get myself a Hitmonchan. My mistake. Jolteon goes down on the first hit of the first round against Machoke when Quick Attack gets Revenge in return. So its me and Blastoise all the way. His Bite makes the Machoke flinch but Revenge takes me out again. So that is the end of another run. R.I.P...


A'Tuin, Level 37 Blastoise
Richard, Level 27 Raticate
Bobby Boom, Level 20 Voltorb
Huninn, Level 16 Pidgey
Cierra, Level 12 Meowth
Zeifer, Level 7 Zubat
Leonard, Level 21 Fearow
Sauraz, Level 19 Sandscrew
Rocksteady, Level 23 Diglett
Arcturus, Level 19 Meowth
Marcellus, Level 25 Jolteon

No comments:

Post a Comment