Monday, October 18, 2010

Nuzlocke FireRed 2: Badges and Things

I began the next part of my adventure by flying to Lavender Town and moving south along Route 12. The trainers here are no problem though I cannot Surf yet to pick up all the items so I'll have to stop back for another visit. My real reason to be here, besides the easy experience, is my second chance at a Snorlax. I've gained a few levels so I don't think I'll have to worry about the risks. So let the battle begin...

Snorlax begins the battle with a Yawn but the joke is on him-- Jebus the Hypno's ability is Insomnia and the move is ineffective. I lead off with a meditate to get the damage on my Headbutt to be a little more appreciable. Next, Hypnosis works and he eats his berry and awakens which causes his Snore to fail. Jebus keeps on hypnotizing and an Ultra Ball catches him the next round on the first try after no action from Snorlax. I name him Sneezlax. I heal up in Vermillion City and continue to make my way down to Fushia City along Routes 13, 14 and 15.

The journey was not very exciting. The Super Rod should come in handy as I come to the end of the game and go seeking for a final few Pokemon to train. I encounter another Oddish along the way and slay him with Zippy's Flamethrower. I also encounter a Ditto that I do catch and name Dumby though I'll likely never get to use him. He goes right to my Box anyway.

Once in Fushia City I heal up and fly to Celadon City to take on Erika. She's a pushover, and so are all of her underlings with Zippy and his Flamethrower in hand. I wish there was more to say about it but its just a game of repeat first hit Flamethrowers. Rainbow Badge is mine. With that I feel confident enough to seek out Koga.

Koga's gym is a little more challenging and his underlings require some switching between Sneezlax, Zippy and Jebus. I get out of the gym and heal twice and the battle with Koga is on. Sneelax takes a smokescreen to the face then leads off his turn with Body Slam and paralyzes Koffing, leaving him on the brink. Koffing's next attacks fails due to the paralysis and Snorlax Headbutt's the way to victory. To fight Muk and the other Koffing I send out Zippy to blast away with Flamethrower. I finish off the Weezing with a switch out to Jebus and uses his Confusion.

Well, now that I have Surf it is time to go on a Pokemon hunt. First stop is the Power Plant. I get a Pikachu there. On Route 21 I pick up a Tentacool. On Route 20 below Pallet Town I grab a Tangela. Next stop Seafoam Island. I head there and unfortunately...Zubat. I head for Cinnabar Island...and we'll stop there for now.


===Adventure Status===
Time: 15:48
Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Soul Badge


In The Graveyard:
Lionel, The Level 4 Rattata
Quickwing, The Level 7 Zubat
Persia, The Level 13 Pidgey
Speedy, The Level 29 Pikachu
Rapido, The Level 28 Nidoking
Celerity, The Level 30 Gloom
Snipes, The Level 32 Hitmonchan

Remaining Pokemon:
Zippy The Level 40 Charizard
Jebus The Level 41 Hypno
Slips, The Level 41 Vaporeon
Sneezlax, The Level 41 Snorlax
CatCat The Level 19 Meowth
Peggy, The Level 20 Spearow

Boxed Pokemon:
Rolando, The Level 16 Voltorb
Peggy, The Level 22 Doduo
Helen, The Level 13 Horsea
Quills, The Level 26 Nidoran Male
Qua, The Level 16 Oddish
Dumby, The Level 23 Ditto
Yggdizzl, The Level 13 Magikarp
Whippy, The Level 23 Tangela
Tangles, The Level 9 Tentacool
Vala, The Level 22 Pikachu

No comments:

Post a Comment