Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nuzlocke FireRed 2: To Vermillion and Beyond!

Time to head to the S.S Anne and mop the floor with Gary Oak. I lead off with Jebus against Pidgeotto with Poison Gas. Its effective and a little tackle is nothing that I needed to worry about from my opponent. Headbutt and the poison finish the job but because Jebus is a little low on health Speedy is going in for Wartortle. A few thunder shocks and that's done without any major problems so I send in Rapido. He takes a Hyper Fang from Raticate like a boss and goes down to one HP when he finishes off the opponent by his Poison Point ability triggering and a horn attack. Zippy comes in for Kadabra and they trade a few blows but three Embers about does it. Gary storms off like a pro, as usual.

I help the Captain out with his seasickness and head out with HM 01 in hand, wave the S.S Anne goodbye and realize I don't actually have any Pokemon I'd be willing to teach Cut. Diglett is the solution to my woe, for the moment. I head into the cave and catch a level 19 Diglett who I name Slider. His big nose reminded me of this: http://eorsini.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/slider.jpg What can I say?

Unfortunately, I have another problem. I don't have any kind of type advantage against Lt. Surge and he is next on my shit list. Two choices present themselves to me: Train Slider up or Evolve Rapido. I opt for the alter and teach Rapido Dig with the TM I got off of the Rocket. Nothing like a Same Type Attack Bonus move to reign in the enemy, eh? So I hit the Gym.

I switch between using Rapido and Speedy against the Lt's underlings. At least Speedy has a level advantage on his fellow electric types so I can get in a few close wins for the experience point awards. The battle against Lt. Surge gets a little more hairy than I expected though. I lead with Jebus, wanting to hold back on the heavy hitters for Raichu. It seems like a bad idea at face value but I want Rapido and full HP if it becomes a Double Team battle. Jebus' Poison Gas misses initially and Voltorb uses SonicBoom. I respond with a Confusion and get a Shock Wave to the face, taking him down to 1 HP. Twice in one day with something like that is enough for me to switch in for Speedy who picks up the win with a Quick Attack.

Its Pikachu v. Pikachu for the next round and I Quick Attack to his Double Team. Luckily I don't miss and he keeps up the Double Team treatment and I pick up the "W" and let him switch out for Raichu without a change myself. Its another Double Team and this time Quick Attack doesn't do it for me. I switch to Rapido, use Dig and its a One-Hit K.O! Shock Wave and The Thunder Badge is mine.

Next up, The journey to get Flash and go to Rock Tunnel. Jebus gets me to Flash with ease and then I head for Rock Tunnel and have the same problem as before. Who am I going to teach Flash? The trainers on the route are no big deal and I encounter a Voltorb right off. His level is a little low though so I switch in Persia to make and take some hits. Persia perishes, unfortunately, but at least I get the capture after I switch in Speedy. Voltorb gets the moniker Rolando and I'm ready to make for Lavender Town after some grinding. Jebus evolves at Level 26 and its off to the races...


===Adventure Status===
Time: 8:24
Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, ThunderBadge

In The Graveyard: (3)
Lionel The Level 4 Rattata
Quickwing The Level 7 Zubat
Persia, The Level 13 Pidgey

Remaining Pokemon: (6) 
Zippy The Level 27 Charmeleon
Speedy The Level 25 Pikachu
Rapido The Level 26 Nidorino
Celerity The Level 27 Gloom
Jebus The Level 26 Hypno
Rolando, The Level 16 Voltorb

Boxed Pokemon (1)
Slider The level 19 Diglett

No comments:

Post a Comment