Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nuzlocke FireRed 2: Rocket Game Corner

Cerulean City is a site to see despite my losses. I speak with some kind of Sensei at the top of the hotel to receive Eevee. I name her Slips and head right over to Cerulean Department store, buy a water stone and Eevee is a Vaporeon. She doesn't know any water moves though so I use the Water Pulse TM I received from Misty and hope that it serves me well.


It does. After stopping at a local diner and getting a coin case I try my hand at some slots, pick up a slew of coins on the floor and check the prices for some TMs. Dratini is a tempting prospect but Slips seems like a better choice. I'm going to save up for an Ice Beam TM eventually. There is that suspicious Rocket and his poster in the corner to see about though...


Slips turns out to be a good addition to my team, especially tricked out with Water Pulse and Quick Attack. I have to come in and out of the Rocket hideout because of poison or paralysis but even that does not save me from casualties. I have a showdown with Giovanni and its Celerity versus Kangaskhan. Sleep Powder doesn't work and I lose the little flower to more attacks than my absorb can keep up with. Poor thing. At least Slips wrecks and brings about switch switch vengeance. Pyaaaaaaaaahhhh!


I head next to the fighting Dojo in Saffron City to take the challenge with Jebus. Its a tough group of battlees and I almost lose Charmeleon to a surprisingly potent Cross Chop from one of the trainers Primeapes but a quick switch out to Jebus is lucky enough to only have Focus Energy to contend with saves the day. My reward for all this? Snipes, The Hitmonchan. I head to the route between Saffron and Cerulean encounter CatCat my new Meowth. :D Level 19 and Pick Up gets Rare Candy one in awhile. I l can do once in awhile.


On the quest to Pokemon Tower and another encounter with Gary Oak Snipes proves to be a deadly opponent. First, Gary. Snipes just about single handedly takes out the smarmy bastard. Jebus has to sub in for some Confusion action towards the end (especially with Wartortle!) but Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Ice Punch has me covered elementally. Gary heads out, defeated.


The tower is another story. I received Snipes at 25 and when all was said and done, he was 32. Mostly Fire Punch and Thunder Punch do quick work of the ghosts in the tower. The healing pad in the middle of the tower helps and eventually I encounter the Marowak's ghost. It takes three Ice Punches and Marowak goes to the other world. Its nice to actually permanently end something the way so many of my own Pokemon's lives have ended.



But unfortunately, I'm about to experience my own casualty. One of the Rocket's Koffings Self-Destructs before Snipes can unleash a Fire Punch. Its not contest, he's down “on the word go.” Jebus swaps in and takes down the last Rocket and I speak with Mr. Fuji. We return to his home, I get a Pokeflute and hit the road. I had high hopes for Snipes but its on to my next challenge. The Snorlax on Route 16...



===Adventure Status===
Time: 11:47
Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, ThunderBadge


In The Graveyard:
Lionel, The Level 4 Rattata
Quickwing, The Level 7 Zubat
Persia, The Level 13 Pidgey
Speedy, The Level 29 Pikachu
Rapido, The Level 28 Nidoking
Celerity, The Level 30 Gloom
Snipes, The Level 32 Hitmonchan

Remaining Pokemon:
Zippy The Level 31 Charmeleon
Jebus The Level 33 Hypno
Slips, The Level 30 Vaporeon
CatCat The Level 19 Meowth

Boxed Pokemon:
Rolando, The Level 16 Voltorb

No comments:

Post a Comment