Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nuzlocke FireRed 2: Gary to Gary

Gary Oak attacks me on the bridge...and I dominate him! I lead with the Speedy and thunder shock my way to victory against most of his Pokemon. Rapido clears things up against Squirtle and I head up nugget bridge. There isn't much to report on that front either, I've finally power leveled enough to breeze through most of the trainers in the area without any dramatic gasps.

I did come into my newest Pokemon, Celerity the Oddish, on the north side of the bridge. I encountered another Oddish closer to Bill's house as well but Speedy took care of that too. Celerity works out too. He easily takes out lots of the trainers on the way to the cottage. Bill is still a crazy scientist whom I am extremely skeptical of. I head on down to Misty and the battle goes a little more interestingly.

I lead with Celerity against Staryu and successfully use Stun Spore. I absorb my way through the rest of the battle but don't make it to Starmie with full HP. I try for the Stun Spore again but I miss and  takes a nasty strike. I have to switch out but Speedy takes a nasty Water Pulse and gets confused. I switch over to Quickwing and he takes the hit and perishes. I guess sometimes you have to take one for the team because Speedy finishes off Starmie with the next attack.

So I begin the journey to Vermillion City. The Rocket along the way gets mangled by Zippy. Heading into Vermillion I catch a handy little Pidgey I name Persia. Then the grind begins again, of course. Over on route 11 I pick up Drowzee and name him Jebus. He is also very, very good. I'm glad I grab him before I get my bike voucher and head into the S.S Anne and train too. I am avoiding the trainers on the route itself for now. I remember all those electric trainers and I think I can use the route to train Rapido once I evolve him. Safer than the way it decimated me last time.

Next time I'll complete the S.S Anne, fight Lt. Surge and head for Rock tunnel. I'm making good time compared to the other runs and training better too. Hopefully I won't screw it up.




===Adventure Status===
Time: 6:27
Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge

In The Graveyard: (2)
Lionel The Level 4 Rattata
Quickwing The Level 7 Zubat

Remaining Pokemon: (6) 
Zippy The Level 23 Charmeleon
Speedy The Level 23 Pikachu
Rapido The Level 23 Nidorino
Celerity The Level 23 Gloom
Jebus The Level 23 Drowsee
Persia, The Level 13 Pidgey

No comments:

Post a Comment