Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nuzlocke FireRed 2: Silph Co.

So, time to tackle Team Rocket for the last time at Silph Co.. Since I've already accepted a Hitmonchan in Saffron, who has already unfortunately been slain, I won't be able to use the Lapras found on the way to my rival, so this all just the single minded pursuit of Giovanni...and a Master Ball. The way I decided to take this was to go right to the 5th floor and get the key card needed to open all the doors then go back down to the 2nd floor systematically take out each and every Rocket all the way to the top without using any of the warp panels, until the end, when I need to use them to get to Silph Co's president's office.

My Pokemon are seriously over-leveled for this place, because I decided to do Cinnabar and the Islands first. Almost everything I fight goes down in one hit, and I only start to run out of power points when I reach the 9th floor, where, fortunately, the rest spot is so I can complete the whole building without ever actually having to leave it. use any healing items, or anything like that. Once I get up to the top floor, though, I distribute some of the vitamins I've found to whomever I thought needed it, a PP UP I've had from before to Zippy's Blast Burn and a Rare Candy to Sneezelax, to save some of the experience for someone else. I take one more rest, then head for the President's Office, but first...

...Gary Oak. You know, he could take down Team Rocket, too, and he clearly doesn't care. He leads off with Pidgeot, I start with Slips. I'm 10 levels above his 37, and an Aurora Beam brings him down to the red, then a bite finishes him off while I take minimum damage. He switches to Exeggcute, I go with Zippy. 1 hit KO with Blast Burn. Next, comes out Blastoise. I choose Jebus! I lead with a successful hypnosis then pound him with a psychic for about half his HP. I try to do so again, but he wakes, and uses Protect. I follow up with another hypnosis but am unsuccessful, and then lay in with Psychics until he stops using Protect, I take a few bites but not enough damage to warrant a switch out until that damned turtle is slain. I miss having an electric Pokemon. Next out comes Growlithe and I just keep it up with the Psychic for another 1 Hit KO. Then I switch to Sneezelax to fight his Alakazam. He leads with Calm Mind, I strength him in 1 hit, thanks to a Critical.

Well, that's over. I grab the Lapras, name it Wasted since according to the rules I have to box it, forever, and move on to fight Giovanni and his last Rocket Grunt. This went something like this: Slips uses Surf...Slips uses Surf...Slips uses Surf...Slips uses Surf...Slips uses Surf...Slips uses Aurora Beam...you get the idea. His Kangaskan did manage to get off one rage though. Good for it. Now, I get my sweet, sweet reward of a Master Ball. Which I will use...for...something? I'm running out of areas to legally catch Pokemon in before the Elite Four challenge and I'm not convinced I'll complete the other Sevii Islands after that or not. Nevertheless, I return to the Pokemon Center, save, and prepare to get those last two badges, next time.


===Adventure Status===
Time: 20:10
Badges: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Soul Badge, Volcano Badge


In The Graveyard:
Lionel, The Level 4 Rattata
Quickwing, The Level 7 Zubat
Persia, The Level 13 Pidgey
Speedy, The Level 29 Pikachu
Rapido, The Level 28 Nidoking
Celerity, The Level 30 Gloom
Snipes, The Level 32 Hitmonchan

Remaining Pokemon:
Zippy The Level 46 Charizard
Jebus The Level 46 Hypno
Slips, The Level 48 Vaporeon
Sneezlax, The Level 47 Snorlax
Peggy, The Level 20 Spearow

Boxed Pokemon:
Rolando, The Level 16 Voltorb
Peggy, The Level 22 Doduo
Helen, The Level 13 Horsea
Quills, The Level 26 Nidoran Male
Qua, The Level 16 Oddish
Dumby, The Level 23 Ditto
Yggdizzl, The Level 13 Magikarp
Whippy, The Level 23 Tangela
Tangles, The Level 9 Tentacool
Vala, The Level 22 Pikachu
CatCat The Level 19 Meowth

WildFire, The Level 31 Ponyta
Spirals, The Level 27 Omanyte

No comments:

Post a Comment