Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nuzlocke FireRed 2: The Last Gym Badges

I woke this morning in pretty bad back pain so it was an easy decision to make to play some more Pokemon and type this up on my laptop from there.

We last left of at Sabrina's Gym. Mostly, I led off with Sneezelax and switched into Zippy when I needed to against her gym trainers, all of whom I fought, and all of whom I thought were push-overs. The fight with Sabrina herself, though, was a little more interesting.

I led with Zippy who washed away her Kadabra, easily, with Flamethrower before it could even act. Next came Mr. Mime who Zippy torched with another Flamethrower but who didn't go down, erected a barrier and withstood a Metal Claw from the red because of Hyper Potion. I got tired of that, Blast Burned my way through to a 1 hit KO and swapped out for Sneezelax when she sent in her Venomoth. It led with a Psybeam which through Sneezelax into confusion for 4 turns, while it continued to Psybeam, and he hurt himself in his own confusion, trying to use Blizzard. Finally, the confusion let out and in the yellow I took down the pesky bug, but not before missing with Blizzard once before hand. Finally, she switched out to Alakazam and I threw Slips into the fight. I led with an Aurora Beam which got him down to the yellow while Alakazam used Calm Mind. I followed up with a Surf for the win.

One more badge to go so I headed right there. Zippy was getting a little behind in levels, and so was Jebus after Sabrina's Gym so I led with one or the other of those, against all the gym trainers. This was a bad idea. Jebus performed well but even with Blast Burn and Metal Claw, Cooltrainer Yuji and his Graveler was a challenge. I'm so used to playing the generation 1 version of this game that I was more worried about Self Destructs then what I should have looked out for: Rock Blast. Starting at full health, I had to watch Zippy get hit 1, then 2, then 3 times and go down, for my first casualty in a long time, and as my start Pokemon. I returned to the Pokemon Center after this to heal the others and considered stopping right there but I knew Giovanni himself would be easy.

So, I skipped a few trainers, went right to the big boss himself, and led with Slips. An uninteresting battle. Surf, Surf, Surf, Surf and Surf. Giovanni ninja vanish! You know the story. After this though, I really did stop, after depositing Zippy in the graveyard, with much disappointment. Next time, I'll have to decide if I want to train up something in the box, and how I want to tackle Gary Oak, and Victory Road. I would also like to note that, indeed, Zippy was a Charizard, and not a Charmeleon. My status entries have fallen victim to the old "Copy and Paste" and not proof well enough. I'll be fixing that shortly.


===Adventure Status===
Time: 20:59
Badges: All of Them!



In The Graveyard:
Lionel, The Level 4 Rattata
Quickwing, The Level 7 Zubat
Persia, The Level 13 Pidgey
Speedy, The Level 29 Pikachu
Rapido, The Level 28 Nidoking
Celerity, The Level 30 Gloom
Snipes, The Level 32 Hitmonchan
Zippy The Level 48 Charizard

Remaining Pokemon:
Jebus The Level 49 Hypno
Slips, The Level 50 Vaporeon
Sneezlax, The Level 48 Snorlax
Peggy, The Level 20 Spearow

Boxed Pokemon:
Rolando, The Level 16 Voltorb
Peggy, The Level 22 Doduo
Helen, The Level 13 Horsea
Quills, The Level 26 Nidoran Male
Qua, The Level 16 Oddish
Dumby, The Level 23 Ditto
Yggdizzl, The Level 13 Magikarp
Whippy, The Level 23 Tangela
Tangles, The Level 9 Tentacool
Vala, The Level 22 Pikachu
CatCat The Level 19 Meowth
WildFire, The Level 31 Ponyta
Spirals, The Level 27 Omanyte

No comments:

Post a Comment